Friday 29 April 2011

Well the advantage of having a massive royal wedding on the day of a hospital appointment is that I got in to all my appointments on time and didn't have to wait an age in pharmacy for all my drugs :) Had a hilarious time on the ward though as we were all watching the pomp and circumstance taking place which was a welcome change in the drudge of hospital waiting rooms. Oh I do love a good wedding!

I'm day 8 post chemo and this was my final post chemo check up which was exciting. Unfortunately it turned out that I have very low white blood cell count(0.1) which explains why I have been so wiped out this cycle and have neutropenia, basically my body complaining that I have no white blood cells. I came over all giddy, been exhausted and bruising easily. Three days of some injections to wip them back up to normal should do and lots of rest. Bit concerned when they told me though as I really can't get sick with no white blood cells, but anyways, God's obviously been protecting me and I'm feeling in good spirits just getting tired of being tired now.

Nausea has thankfully just subsided! Wonderful relief as it is like extreme sea sickness all the time and makes you feel rotten. Hoping now that is it forever for those nasty symptoms but still paying the price with some problems with my tummy and may need ongoing treatment for a while. But all manageable even though painful.

It is starting to dawn on me that this could be the end. A strange sensation to rush ahead still comes and goes but just have no energy so in bed a lot, walking at night when it is cooler and, and pacing myself. Millie is a little star and has LOVED having her daddy all too herself for the last few weeks which has been lovely to watch. It has helped me no end as she knows that one of her parents is on call constantly and takes the focus off mummy.

House is coming on and despite problems with the builders, we are hoping to have it all resolved soon. We are postponing the move now and hope to be in by June. Wait and see, just need too much help during the day at the moment but the Drs have said that they are pleased with how I am holding up and just to keep resting and let my body get well. MRI Tuesday to check nothing left.

Not much else to report but thank you so much for all your constant support, it has meant so much to us and keeps our spirits up no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment