Tuesday 19 April 2011

Almost there

This chemo has come around really quickly. Thanks to everyone whose sent me messages,texts and emails I have felt so loved throughout this and I couldn't have kept the smile on my face without the encouragement of all of you. So thank you! Got last chemo Thursday but today found out my White blood count has not recovered so ive had an injection today, and will have one tomorrow, to stimulate my bone marrow to produce more White blood cells. My body is just tired and I've had problems this cycle with mouth ulcers so I'm run down. Not everyone needs the injections but after 5 theyve said it's quite normal for my immune system to be complaining. Bit achy in my bones but should be ok by Thursday. Nothing seems to stop the chemo machine and so I'm hoping I'll be fit enough for it as would be great to be through worst symptoms by May.

Not much else to report. House is coming on. Been a good distraction but stressful at times as so many decisions to make and I'm sort of running the show. The work is great, but builders have not been well organised. This has been frustrating but hoping it's almost done and our super kitchen fitter Jon has been a star. Can't wait to have it all done!

Ray's been off for a few days and is having a 'holiday' which basically means he's gone from working in London to looking after me and Millie. Poor Guy he's not had much of a break but is enjoying being a family. The weather has been great too.

Good news is my hair is growing back. I have a shadow over my head and very fluffy light covering of hair. It looks dark brown but am assuming it'll stop whilst I have last chemo then hopefully start up again without any interruption. One draw back of good weather is that my hats have been getting very hot and itchy. Small inconvenience but it had make me miss my hair for the first time since I started chemo. Hoping I can get my old hair back, but who knows! Very unhelpful nurse told me her sisters hair came back White! Hmmm bit young for that but hey, at least it'll be hair and I can dye it I suppose.

Hope to write again soon once chemo over and I am closer to being in remission. Almost there ...

No comments:

Post a Comment