Friday 28 January 2011

2nd cycle

Had 2nd cycle yesterday which we went through quite quickly which was great. It knocked me out more this time and I looked I'll with it as well, so just rested and was quiet. No sickness this time thankfully. We changed the order of the drugs and that seems to have helped. I still get some strange symptoms in the first 24 hours which make sleep difficult so I had a bad night, but they seem to have gone so am just on to the strong anti nausea stuff for a few days.

Have had an ok week. Finally shaved hair off on Tuesday as it was so itchy and it was difficult doing normal things through concern that at any moment large chunks could fall out. Must admit it was surprisingly scary actually doing the final shave but I made myself do it and have felt a lot better afterwards as you can just get on with everyday life. It helped taking control.

It is a comfort getting back in to the cycle of hospital and you feel quite safe as you are in constant contact with the experts and you feel productive. This last week has felt strange, partly I suppose because of the hair going, but also because you are doing a lot of waiting and starting to get your strength up before you get zapped again. Felt vulnerable at times and more hormones have been affected, which they said will happen and just to ride it out. I can't say I've had the highs and the lows though which they warned me about, so that has been helpful as just been constant and steady really.

Been so appreciative of all the texts, emails and gifts everyone has given me. They really make a difference to my day and I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends and family. It has put a smile on my face everyday knowing that people are thinking of us and helping us through.

It was funny yesterday though as we took Date Night a movie with us to watch but I was laughing so loudly that we had to turn it off as it was distracting the other patients, most of them who were over 60, but the nurses thought it was hilarious. We realised we may have to vet the movies each time for appropriateness!

No comments:

Post a Comment