Saturday 12 March 2011

Good news

Just a quick one to say, scan results were good. Nothing significant found in site of tumour and they've recommended a total of 6 cycles to mop up any renegade cells in my body. Hurrah! Due to the scar tissue in the area they're being extra careful though and we'll have our proper chat with the consultant week after next to chat through exactly where we stand and what the area now looks like. But relieved that treatment is working and feeling more confident I could be in remission by end of May.

Other good news is that this cycle has been so much easier in comparison to the last one. I still have had nausea but we gave one of the drugs v.v.slowly as it has caused a lot of stinging last time, and my symptoms were drastically reduced. I even managed to sit up and chat with my sister and Ray for a bit last night and have a bath. Amazing as I am normally extremely sick for first 24 hrs. So relieved.

So thanks for those of you who are praying,really feeling Grace of God and in His hands.

Ps still no news on critical care money, pls keep praying we'll at least know outcome soon as tricky planning Ray's time off/compassionate leave. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. That's great news, Gen! Looking forward to hearing about your full recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete