Wednesday 31 August 2011

Summer Sun

Not sure who is reading this still but for those who are, Hello! I've been having a lovely few weeks enjoying the sun (when it happens), and the rain/cloud/mist (all the time this month!). All of it really. Loving I'm getting more and more well and despite Ray and Millie now being poorly with a few summer colds/virus' I've managed to stay well. Surprise to all of us and proof that my immune system is recovering.

Ray and I had a lovely break away just the two of us, in Paris at the end of last month which was great to be together, but a bit weird away from Millie for three nights, and in hindsight not the best location for a "do nothing and chill" break. It was way to enticing to walk around lots, stay out late and not have your day revolve around a toddler. Hence v.tired afterwards but great to have a change of scene and do something I couldn't have imagined doing six months ago. We were massively blessed to have accommodation offered to us which was lovely and overlooked the most beautiful park (Thank you George and Gill).

One of the best aspects of feeling more like myself and not having the gruelling chemo regime has been seeing the faces of some old friends who've come to visit over the last few months. We've had some really special times with people and I've loved just catching up and making lots of happy memories.

Am really chuffed with myself as have been doing my rehab programme at the gym and doing well considering I do a 12 hr day with Millie and then head over. My trainer Jo is lovely and helped loads with encouragement and ideas of how to get my body back in to exercise slowly and carefully. On my assessment it turned out I was pretty fit for an average person, and so I should have full confidence that I'll lose the weight I'm carrying post treatment, and be able to make a full recovery to a stronger and fitter health level. Big relief.

My last check up went well. My bloods are much better and slowly getting back to a "normal" level. I;m still working at supporting my immune system but it is linked to all sorts of things in your life not just food or exercise that it is one of those things you just have to trust God with. Am just doing stuff slowly and surely and trying to not over do it.

Only thing we are waiting for this month is for results from a mole I had to have removed on my tummy. It changed throughout chemo but the dermatologist has said there was an aspect of it that is a bit unusual but she is not concerned. She said due to the past history best to just take it out and see. So feel ok about it and hoping that we'll know in the last few weeks.

Anyways, Hello to you all x

1 comment:

  1. I'm still reading, but then I'm probably one of your more internet-obsessive friends. ;)

    I think I was near you recently (are you still in Bournemouth?), as a friend of Heather and mine has recently got married and moved to Verwood, so we headed down for a visit. Shame I didn't get a chance to see if you were about and fancied meeting up: next time!

    Great to hear everything seems to be going well at your end. :D

    ReplyDelete