Monday 30 May 2011

Moved in ... Well almost

Having had a good week we packed up and moved most of our stuff in to our new place Thursday. Still quite a lot to do, but it was great just being the three of us and despite me getting a cold, my first bug since November, we had a good weekend. We'll be back and forth to my parents place to have help but we're hopeful we're moving forward to a more normal day to day situation soon.

We managed to get to church which was great, but made us realise I'm still not that strong as it wiped me out for the rest of the day. Hoping to see more friends too over coming weeks and months, which is long overdue. We managed a date a week ago. Took Ray to see We Will Rock You as a surprise as he loves Queen and needed a night out. Was fun and good to be out. Hoping to go out to cinema next as not been since December and we love going. Ray has had quite a lot going on at work too so he needs some light relief.

Had two more dates for follow up appointments second week of June so just trusting cancers gone and my body is healing. Been finding my body is getting stronger now the chemo is leaving me. Nails getting less brittle and horrible taste in mouth going too. Hair is not really growing now, in fact it started falling out again but Drs reassured me that can happen, just got to wait and see. Getting fed up with hats though. Tummy is better and various other symptoms slowly going too. Had some encouraging words from people in church about my body and blood being made new.

Been struck by a verse in the bible which says those who sow in tears will reap in joy. I've felt like we've sowed well, being real about how we have felt and trusting there is purpose in it all. I was reminded on Sunday of the importance of reaping well too. I think I've had a few weeks of an in-between stage coming out of a difficult time but not quite in to the next. Think I'm the sort of person who can often cope with the difficult bit but finds the bit afterwards hard. Drs told us that this is normal but I was reminded on Sunday that the promise is you can reap with joy. I'm going to focus on this over the coming weeks and pray I have joy in the reaping.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I heard about your health the other day, Gen. I think you're my new hero!!!!

    Thanks for the God-thoughts on there.

    Love Natalie

    ReplyDelete